Here at Self Love Sisters we are all about love AND money, as our first blog post I am going to talk about the money side of our passions.
You may argue that love would have been a more fitting first blog post, but I can assure you that with all the love I have had in my life, it is a lot richer (pun intended) when the money the is flowing.
Our vision here is to help you learn to love yourself enough to realise that all the power of the universe is in your hands and then use that knowledge to transition your into the life that you have imagined for yourself. We believe that when you take care of yourself, the rest will take care of itself.
We have different aspects of our work that blends into the perfect balance, within our money aspect we have found an amazing vehicle that has harnesses the power the technology that is revolutionising the world financial systems which is the power of Bitcoin and the blockchain.
If you have not already heard about Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, we will help you to navigate and understand this world which is bringing about a massive transfer of wealth.
What we have found to be the biggest barrier to getting started with cryptocurrency is firstly is not knowing what it is, and secondly not knowing how to put it to use. Once you understand the transformational impact that it’s technology is having globally, you quickly realise that this is not a trend, but is in fact an evolution of the way that we handle money. When this realisation dawns people start looking for ways to learn and understand how to get involved before its too late.
In 2017, we decided to learn how to harness the power of cryptocurrency and have written a guide for world changers like yourself to help you get started. You can download our free ebook and discover how to get your money in to Bitcoin, how to grow it & how to get it out.
Now, if you’re wondering where you can spend your cryptocurrency, well the places to spend your new found “internet money” is increasing daily, below we have outlined just a few major places where you can you let your crypto flag fly.
- Microsoft: Microsoft users can use Bitcoin to purchase games, movies and apps in the Windows and Xbox stores
- Shopify stores: Shopify is a ecommerce platform that allows merchants to set up their own online stores to sell their products, similar to eBay. In 2013 75,000+ shopify merchants were given the option to start accepting bitcoin payments.
This next one is my favourite place to spend… Travel, Travel and more travel!
- Expedia.com: Expedia has teamed up with Coinbase to implement the world’s largest travel booking agency found online. Since mid-2014, consumers have been able to make hotel bookings using the Bitcoin payment option. Currently Expedia accepts Bitcoins for hotel bookings only; however, this is likely to extent out to flight bookings and other activities in the very near future.
- Virgin Galactic: Since 2013, Virgin Galactic accepts purchases using Bitcoin.
- Newegg.com: Newegg is an online electronics retailer who accepts Bitcoin as a payment method.
This next one is a great option for spending your bitcoin as all you need to do is buy the card and load it with bitcoin whether it is for yourself or as a gift I think this is a great idea.
- eGifter: eGifter is a popular gift card mobile app, which enables users to buy gift cards for different places, such as Amazon, Sephora, Home Depot and Kohls. eGifter works with Coinbase as its Bitcoin partner.
- Overstock.com: The Overstock company sells big-ticket items at lower prices, owing to overstocking. Overstock also partners up with Coinbase.
- Zynga: Zynga partners with BitPay for their Bitcoin payments. Players can use Bitcoins for in-app purchases.
- Subway: Subway franchises in Buenos Aires have recently accept Bitcoin for payments at the restaurants for their “Eat Fresh Products”
This goes to show how big companies are jumping onboard the crypto train as it is not slowing down any time soon.
It is fair to mention that some (not all) bitcoin wallets come with their own swipe card which makes it easy for you to as you can use it wherever visa and MasterCard are accepted. Just like you currently use you EFTPOS card.